Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Toot His Horn Often

"If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness." -2 Corinthians 11:30 

Coach once told us that we should not be focusing on lifting Jesus up, because he can't go any higher, and even if he could, what makes us think that we'd be able to do that? We instead need to focus on humbling ourselves. I think sometimes we think we might need to put ourselves down and this verse is a great counter to that argument. We don't need to put ourselves down or minimize the talent's the Lord has blessed us with, rather we need to highlight what makes us low and what shows that we are broken, that his power my be evident! I wonder what exactly this looks and sounds like. I wish I had more to write about that, but I don't. Venture with me to seek opportunities to boast in weakness and maybe we can figure it out together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment