Sunday, July 10, 2011

My First Love

"Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world--the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions--is not from the Father but is from the world." -1 John 2:15-16

Can you think of anyone you know who actually loves Jesus more than anything? I want my life to be like that, so that Jesus is above success and pride and relationships and things and comfort and myself.

I am sure it looks different in different people, but in this video, Francis Chan describes someone he saw it in. 
Francis Chan-Grandma Clara

One other piece of this scripture that stands out, it's pretty clear that there is no middle ground. Either love Jesus or love the things of this world. We can't serve two masters.

No comments:

Post a Comment