Friday, July 22, 2011

Garbage

"Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things; and give me life in your ways." -Psalm 119:37 

-Focusing on worthless things leads to death in our hearts
-This act is not a function of our own will, but of God's power in us to redirect our focus on things that are above.
- The second part of the verse says "give me life in your ways" not "give me life in your ways and my accomplishments, and in love, and in money, and in ______." Go ahead and fill in the blank, but this verse suggests life comes in his ways and in his ways alone.
-This small line is an awesome prayer when we feel ourselves getting sucked into the ways of this world. However that looks for you, maybe challenge yourself to recognize those worthless things, and immediately go to the Lord in prayer with this simple line.

No comments:

Post a Comment