Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Rain for the Fruit

"Be patient, therefore, brothers, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, being patient about it, until it receives the early and the late rains." -James 5:7

When I've had a bad day.....or two.....or three, James is my go to guy! This scripture is under the title "Patience in Suffering" in my Bible, so I'm thinking about how what he wrote applies to trials or days when it seems like nothing good has resulted. So if God began a good work in us that he is faithful to finish (Philippians 1:6), then I am wondering if trials, whether they're falling flat on my face at therapy or reaching a point of uncertainty about my future, are little rain showers on the field of planted fruit that the Lord plans to harvest in my heart. Only our God could make beauty out of a mess like me! Praise the Lord for that!

This is the Stuff-Francesca Battistelli   (I think this song nails it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment