Thursday, July 28, 2011

Ambulance at KFC

"For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weakness, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 


Today as we were driving around town, we passed a KFC. In the parking lot, there was parked an ambulance. As I chuckled, I thought of the irony and possible circumstances surrounding this conveniently placed medical service vehicle outside of a possible heart attack-inducing fast food joint. Maybe it had been called as an emergency situation arose inside. As an EMT, imagine being called to KFC or any other fast food restaurant in response to a patient who has had a heart attack. A more comical and far-fetched possibility is that someone, knowing the risks of indulging in too much fried chicken and biscuits, arranged for an ambulance ahead of time, in case tragedy should strike. Maybe they feared going into a competitive chicken eating battle without the appropriate back up.
This got me thinking though about dependency on Christ. Are we fearful of going into everyday life without his guiding our path? Part of boasting in weakness may just be calling ahead of time for assistance as opposed to waiting until we find ourselves in the middle of a predicament. I want my life to be one that is simply impossible to live with the strength of Jesus Christ!  

No comments:

Post a Comment