Friday, July 8, 2011

I Should Be Honored

"All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work." -2 Timothy 3:16 

I have a Bible sitting here on the table next to me right now. There are three upstairs in my bedroom, and a couple New Testaments in my backpack. People all over the world died because they were caught with a copy of God's word and others need a copy and have no way of receiving one. According to 2 Timothy 3:16, these words are the Lord's, so if I actually believe that, shouldn't I be utterly honored to open it? Who am I to even repeat his word aloud? Someone encouraged me to think of it this way: if God's word is profitable in all situations, not allowing it to radically change my life is a waste of any potential God has given me. That's convicting, but equally exciting if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment