Thursday, February 16, 2012

You Just Can't Do Them Both

"Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name!
Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, 
who forgives all your iniquity, 
who heals all your diseases, 
who redeems your life from the pit, 
who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, 
who satisfies you with good 
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's." -Psalm 103:1-5 

I was driving back to school last weekend, blaring some Jesus jams and singing in my usual ear-piercing worship voice, when the car coming the opposite direction cut in front of me at the very last second, trust me when I say it was a close one. Normally, I'd at least mutter an angry "come onnnnn," but there simply was no room in the song to stop singing in order to give that guy a piece of my mind. I guess you can't complain and praise at the same time. I wonder if that concept couldn't infect the rest of our lives. I want to gaze on the wonder of my Savior every day so much that there's just no room in my heart for complaints.

Here's the song I was jam'n to... 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment