Saturday, February 25, 2012

No Requirements

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, 
and before you were born I consecrated you; 
I appointed you a prophet to the nations." -Jeremiah 1:5 

Pastor Steven Furtick preached on this passage and his catch line for it was "cancel the audition." I love that image so much because in a world where everything requires something, God offers his unwarranted love and purpose for our lives. He didn't even give us the chance to try to prove ourselves (as if that were even possible). He decided the role we'll plan in this life "in the womb." In the midst of a life wherein we're told we're not good enough, not qualified enough, not put together enough, we can rejoice in the reality of grace and mercy extended to us, not to tell us that we are, but to love us in spite of the fact that we are not.  

No comments:

Post a Comment