Friday, November 25, 2011

What's It Worth To You?

"And when they had brought their boats to land, they left everything and followed him." -Luke 5:11 

Would you do that? If I'm being honest with myself, I'd have to say that would be really hard. When I picture the disciples bringing in their boats, I think about what my life's equivalent to that would be. They were walking away from their profession and subsequently their means of provision. It was what they knew..their comfort.

Are we willing to give up our jobs, or means of provision, or comforts? I think we need to confront the reality that if we've allowed Jesus into our hearts, we have already surrendered our lives to him, so we are continually "on deck," per say, to act on our surrender as he may call us to. The great news is, as Billy Graham said “God never takes away something from your life without replacing it with something better” and following Jesus is the greatest thrill ride you could ever imagine.

Maybe following Jesus is not what everyone has made it out to be...the guys in this movie decided to wrestle with just that


  

No comments:

Post a Comment