Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I Dare You to Celebrate Christmas This Year!

"And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of heavenly host praising God" -Luke 2:13 

I was chatting with a mom earlier today and when she said "we don't celebrate Christmas" it caught me off guard. I asked why not and she said because her children think it's all about getting presents. I said "so wait, what does Christmas mean to you?" She said with a frank expression, "Jesus' birth," so I said "you do celebrate Christmas!"

We've been so brainwashed into thinking that the celebration of Christmas must entail presents, decorations, shopping, food, and the like. What if we skipped all of the black Friday and cyber Monday spending; ditched the decorations; and fasted on Christmas day....what if we simply came to worship the one and only Son of God who came down in the most humble of ways to save us? What if, starting today, as we begin to count down to the highly anticipated day, we dare to celebrate Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment