Saturday, October 8, 2011

It Feels Like Salvation

"For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him." -John 3:17 

Simply defined, the word condemn means to express disapproval. I'm not sure at what point everything got twisted around and cartoons of God sending down lightning bolts grew to be the predominant picture of God, but according to his word, he sent Jesus to save us from disapproval, not strike us with it. When you have a perfect God and imperfect people, this is necessary. God loves you and he loves me and SENT...not might send if we are well behaved, not will do his best to send if he has time, not even is sending and you should expect arrival shortly....no he already sent his son to pay the price for every thing that we will do that hurts him...aka sin...so that "there is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." (Romans 8:1).

Following Jesus feels like salvation. And salvation means I don't have to get my life all neat and tiddy to bring before the throne of God, but can simply bring my broken pieces to him, unashamed because he came not to disapprove of me, but to save me! 

This movie makes me cry every time. I think it's the single most beautiful thing this side of heaven when people proclaim what Jesus has done for them. (Make sure you watch the slides, they're so powerful).  
  Jesus Saves- Jeremy Camp  

No comments:

Post a Comment