Wednesday, October 26, 2011

He Asks Much and Gives Even More

"'By myself I have sworn, declares the LORD, because you have done this and have not withheld, your son, your only son, I will surely bless you, and I will surely multiply your offspring as the stars of heaven and as the sand that is on the seashore.'" -Genesis 22:16-17

What an example Abraham is. He surrendered to an obedience so extreme as to sacrifice his son, yet with his willingness to hold nothing back from the Lord, God spared his son and blessed Abraham abundantly. What strikes me most about this passage lately is that those who God asks much of in the way of sacrifice, he uses greatly. Are we willing to act in obedience like Abraham so that we may be blessed by the privilege of being a tool of the one and only living God?

No comments:

Post a Comment