Friday, October 21, 2011

A Different Perspective

"Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert." -Isaiah 43:19

The picture above is from our hotel window, overlooking downtown Charlotte. As I peered over the edge, I watched the people below strolling along the sidewalks and in and out of stores. The perspective is so different than if I was on the ground. I can see two people, who have no idea that they are walking towards each other and see that if neither one of them moves quickly, one...or both of them just might end up swimming with the swans in the pond. You can see so much farther ahead from that perspective from the window.
That's like what the Lord sees in our lives. He sees everything near and far. He knows who and what we are going to run into down the road and he provides for us accordingly. WOW! I'm thankful that during times in the desert, our provider has planted the rivers that satisfy our hearts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment