Saturday, March 17, 2012

Eyes for Lies

"I will give you as a covenant for the people, a light for the nations, to open the eyes that are blind, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, from the prison those who sit in darkness." -Isaiah 42:6-7 

What are some lies that you believe deep down in your heart? Those notions that the enemy has planted that prevent you from experiencing the love of Jesus every second of every day....those perceptions of yourself and others that hinder you from the kingdom work you were made for. We've all got some.
    I'm not worthy
    I'll never be good enough
    He doesn't really love me
   I've messed up too many times
    The world would function just the same without me 
   I deserve to be hurt 
   If only I             then             

There's such power in these words in Isaiah 42 that reveal to us the beautiful fact that Jesus came to give us an eye to expose those lies, to pour out his grace on us that we may no longer be blind and see his love. What would life be like if we accepted that grace daily and embraced that vision? 

No comments:

Post a Comment