Monday, January 2, 2012

I Don't Need This

"Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive that promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant. For where a will is involved, the death of the one who made it must be established." -Hebrews 9:15-16 

Wow! God promises us an incredible eternal inheritance, so in order for us to gain what is in his will, Jesus had to die. I'd just never thought of it that way before. What would life look like if we understood the implications of that? If we just looked around at everything the world tries to push on us...image, success, stuff, money, status, and said "I don't need any of this, because I have an eternal inheritance waiting for me!"?

No comments:

Post a Comment