Sunday, September 30, 2012

I Found You!

And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and his neighbors, saying to them, 'Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep that was lost." -Luke 15:6

What an amazing picture of Jesus. This  familiar scene has developed in my mind where I leave the love and acceptance of his arms, wandering off to the worthless ways of the world and getting hurt as always. Then I just see Jesus, noticing I've strayed from his flock. He, urgently gets up and begins to GO towards me. He doesn't stand there ringing a dinner bell waiting for me to follow it back to him. He doesn't cross his arms and say "how many times do I have to tell her that when she leaves she'll get hurt? This is the last straw, I'm not bailing her out any more". No, not at all. In fact, even when I willingly walk away, even when I go seek to please my flesh repetitively, he COMES and finds me...joyfully. I think that's what I can't wrap my mind around. I see myself hiding in the midst of some mess I've put myself in because I chose not to living according to the freedom that was secured for me on the cross, and there comes Jesus...AGAIN, smiling, bringing me into his arms, and then rejoicing as he tells "his friends and his neighbors."

Our Savior is so incredibly personal and merciful! 


No comments:

Post a Comment