Saturday, May 19, 2012

When He Chuckles and Says "Get Over it"

"The LORD said to Samuel, "How long will you grieve over Saul, since I have rejected him from being king over Israel? Fill your horn with oil, and go. I will send you to Jesse the Bethlehemite, for I have provided for myself a king among his sons'"-1 Samuel 16:1 

I love God's sense of humor in this passage. I picture him coming along side of Samuel who is mopping around, grumbling about Saul not being king and saying, "how about you get over it and trust that I have a plan in all of this." My two favorite words in this verse are GO and PROVIDE. See, there are surely times in life where what seemed to be the best or the right plan simply does not work out. When that happens, often times I find myself grieving the loss of my own will. Maybe we don't get the job, don't make the grade, or a relationship falls through. God promises he does PROVIDE and he really urges us to get up, stop dwelling on what we, in our limited vision, see as a failure, and GO, to continue to seek his will.   

Praise Jesus that "the foolishness of God is wiser than men" (1 Corinthians 1:25)!

No comments:

Post a Comment